A hot day outside and the perfect time to enjoy the afternoon with the family and of course with a delicious homemade Ricotta and Blueberry Tart. The combination of Ricotta and fruits is always creamy and smooth at the same time.
Classic, delicious and perfect with a coffee or tea.
Serves: 8/10 Slices
Ingredients: (for the crust/pâte sablée)
- 300g of all purpose flour/plain flour
- 135g of soft butter
- 100g of icing sugar
- A pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- 25ml of water
- In a bowl add the flour, the salt, and the icing sugar, (you can do the same procedure with a food processor).
- With your fingertips, start to mix the dry ingredients.
- Add the butter and mix until combined, (the pleasure of baking is when you feel the texture of the ingredients between your fingers).
- Add 1 beaten egg and mix until the dough becomes assembled.
- Slowly add the water and mix until it holds a perfect ball (maybe more or less depending on the flour and the size of the egg).
- Wrap the dough in a plastic wrap and keep it in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes remove the dough from the fridge.
- Grease a deep pie pan, (my tart pan is 26 cm long and 4cm deep).
- Roll your dough between two big sheets of parchment paper or plastic wrap.
- With a rolling pin, flatten the dough and make a circle shape, the size of your tart pan.
- Peel off the parchment paper from one side or your plastic wrap, flip the dough over the tart plate and slowly remove the other parchment paper or your plastic wrap and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 180C degrees.
Ingredients: (for the filling)
- 500g of ricotta cheese
- 100g of caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 400g of frozen blueberries
- In a bowl add the ricotta cheese and the icing sugar.
- Mix the 2 ingredients together.
- Add the eggs one by one and mix.
- Add the blueberries.
- Mix with a spatula.
- Spread into the bottom of the crust the filling and bake for 45 minutes (for me 1 hour).
- Remove from the oven when the crust is golden brown, allow to cool for 30 minutes and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
Serve with more blueberries on the top!