Actually, oranges are everywhere in the market, “Citrus season” of course. They are beautiful and so aromatic. Yesterday, I decided to bake a delicious Orange Cake for our tea time. Easy and really delicious. The texture is extremely moist and just melt in the mouth.
- 200g of sifted plain flour/all purpose flour
- 200g of caster sugar
- 5g of baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- Zest of 1 orange
- 6 large eggs
- 80g of sunflower oil
- 80g of orange juice
- Grease a round pan cake (20 cm or 22 cm)
- Whisk the eggs, the sugar and the orange zest until it becomes light, creamy and double in size.
- Add the flour with the baking powder and a pinch of salt.
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Finally pour the orange juice and the sunflower oil.
- Mix again and pour the batter into the greased pan.
- Bake at 180C degrees for 40 mn (more or less depending of the oven).
- Remove the cake and allow cooling for 30mn.
- Transfer the cake to a serving plate and dust with some icing sugar.
Perfect for our tea time.