A sweet and tangy lemon curd for today. This lemon curd is simple to make and perfect for filling tart, Swiss roll, cookies and much more. I always like to prepare in advance some jars and stored them into the refrigerator.
I cooked this lemon curd for the first time when I was living in Paris (I was a young child). The recipe has since not changed a bit, and I still savor it as much as the first time!
- 3 lemons
- 200g of caster sugar
- 4 small eggs
- 3 generous teaspoons of cornstarch
- 100g of butter
- Remove the zest of the lemons and put them into a large bowl.
- Squeeze the juice of the lemons and set the lemon juice aside.
- In the large bowl with the lemons zest, add the sugar and the eggs.
- Start to whisk energetically until the cream becomes yellow pale and creamy.
- Pour the cornstarch, the lemon juice and finally the butter.
- Cook over low heat and stir with a wooden spoon until the texture becomes thick and smooth.
- Pour the creamy lemon curd into individual small jars like me or a big one.
- Allow to cool outside before refrigerated.