A sweet orange curd that I prepared last week, I used Valencia oranges for this recipe . This orange curd is easy to prepare and perfect for filling tart, on the top of pavlovas, cookies and much more. I always like to prepare in advance some jars and stored them into the refrigerator.
- 3 oranges (Valencia)
- 180g of caster sugar
- 3 big eggs
- 3 generous teaspoons of cornstarch
- 100g of butter
- Remove the zest of the oranges and put them into a large bowl.
- Squeeze the juice of the oranges and set the lemon juice aside (300ml).
- In the large bowl with the oranges zest, add the sugar and the eggs.
- Start to whisk energetically until the cream becomes yellow pale and creamy.
- Pour the cornstarch and the orange juice.
- Cook over low heat and stir with a wooden spoon until the texture becomes thick and smooth.
- Remove from the heat and add the butter cut in small cubes.
- Whisk until the butter melts.
- Pour the creamy orange curd into individual small jars.
- Allow to cool outside before refrigerated.
3 Comments Add yours
Looks delightfully delicious, I’m definitely trying your recipe soon😋
Thank you so much, Richa. Do let me know how it turns out, please 🙂