- 3 red Bell peppers
- 3 green Bell peppers
- 1 small red onion or 2 cloves of garlic (I opted for a small red onion)
- 1 green chilli pepper (it’s optional)
- A pinch of salt
- Olive oil
- Wash the peppers.
- On a grill pan, add the red Bell peppers the green Bell peppers and the green chilli pepper, on a hot heat.
- Turn the peppers regularly on the grill.
- All the surface of the peppers become black and the skin breaks, usually it takes 10 minutes.
- Red Bell peppers grill faster than the green Bell peppers.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool for 15 minutes.
- When the peppers are cold, gently remove the skin with your fingers or grate with a knife.
- Remove the seeds (delicate procedure) and remove the cup.
- Cut the peppers into small pieces and the chopped onion, you can also cut peppers in the thin strap (more esthetic).
- Add the salt and drizzle with olive oil.
The salad is fresh and tasty. Very often I stuff a ciabatta bread or a home made khubz tagine with this salad.
A lot of people add the grilled pepper in a closed plastic bag because the skin peels easily. I prefer my classic, traditional method.
The cuisine is about quality and a lot of patience.