The weather is so nice outside and we decided to have our lunch in the garden. The flowers are blooming and the smell of the Frangipani tree is sublime.
- 250g of Orzo (small pasta, look like rice seeds)
- 1 red pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 2 tomatoes
- Mint leaves
- Black olives Kalamata
- Feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon of caper
- 1 cucumber
- 2 long green onions
- Olive oil
- Boil a cooking pot over a medium heat and pour your orzo and cook for 15 minutes. The small pasta should be soft. Remove from the cooking pot and set aside in a colander.
- Wash and rinse all the vegetables. Usually, I rinse my vegetables in a bowl with water and a few drops of white vinegar.
- Cut into small cubes, the tomatoes, the green pepper, the red pepper, the yellow pepper, the cucumber and the green onions.
- Pour the fresh vegetables into a serving bowl and add the Orzo.
- Then add the feta cheese, the black olives Kalamata, the capers, a pinch of salt and drizzle with olive oil.
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Cut on the top of the salad, fresh mint leaves.
This salad is fresh, healthy and so colorful just like the weather and much appreciated when we go for a picnic.