Serves: 15 Biscottis
- 300g of all purpose flour/plain flour
- 100g of almond powder
- 150g of caster sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 2 large eggs
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 6g of baking powder
- 100g of melted butter
- 1 egg yolk
- In a bowl add the flour, the sugar, the almond powder, the baking powder, the pinch of salt, the lemon zest, 2 eggs and start to mix with your hands.
- Add the melted butter and continue to mix gently until the dough becomes firm.
- Sprinkle with a pinch of flour a clean surface and roll the dough into a log.
- Butter a baking tray and transfer the log to it.
- Flatten with your hands and make the shape of a rectangle (35 cm length and 15 cm width).
- Brush the top with the egg yolk and draw diagonals with a fork in two directions you get small diamond shapes.
- Preheat your oven to 180C and bake for 35 minutes.
- Remove the tray from the oven and cut very carefully slices of 2 cm and roll it on one side.
- Bake for another 10 minutes.
- Remove again from the oven and flip the Biscottis into the other side.
- Bake (but turn off the oven) for another 10 minutes.
- Remove and allow to cool for 30 minutes.
The Biscottis are firm and crisp and ready to be dipped in a delicious Caffe Latte.