Serves: 12/14 Biscotti
- 300g of all purpose flour/plain flour
- 100g of almond powder
- 150g of caster sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 2 large eggs (maybe 3 depending of the texture)
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 6g of baking powder
- 100ml of sunflower oil
- 1 egg yolk for the brush
- Line a cookie tray with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, the sugar, the almond powder, the baking powder and the salt.
- Start to mix with your fingers.
- Add the sunflower oil and mix all the ingredients with your fingers.
- Lightly beat the 2 large eggs and add to the mixture.
- Mix gently until the dough becomes firm.
- Preheat the oven to 180C degrees.
- Sprinkle with a pinch of flour a clean surface and roll the dough into a log.
- Flour a baking tray and transfer the log to it.
- Flatten with your hands and make the shape of a rectangle (35 cm length and 15 cm width).
- Brush the top with the egg yolk.
- Use a fork to create grid.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove the tray from the oven and cut very carefully slices of 2 cm and roll it on one side.
- Bake for another 10 minutes.
- Remove again from the oven and flip the Biscottis into the other side.
- Bake for another 5 minutes.
- Remove and allow to cool.
The Biscottis are firm and crisp and ready to be dipped in a delicious Caffe Latte.