Serves: 12/14 Biscotti
- 400g of all purpose flour/plain flour
- 180g of caster sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 3 large eggs
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 7g of baking powder
- 150ml of sunflower oil
- 1 egg yolk for the brush with a pinch of instant coffee (well whisked)
- Line a cookie tray with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl whisk the eggs, the sugar , the lemon zest and the salt until becomes creamy and white.
- Pour the sunflower oil and whisk all the ingredients together.
- Add the flour and the baking powder.
- Mix gently until the dough becomes firm.
- Preheat the oven to 180C degrees.
- Sprinkle with a pinch of flour a clean surface and roll the dough into a log.
- Transfer the log to the baking tray.
- Flatten with your hands and make the shape of a long rectangle (35 cm length and 15 cm width).
- Brush the top with the egg yolk and instant coffee.
- Use a fork to create grid.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove the tray from the oven and cut very carefully slices of 2 cm and roll it on one side.
- Bake for another 10 minutes.
- Remove again from the oven and flip the Biscottis into the other side.
- Bake for another 5 minutes.
- Remove and allow to cool.
The Croquets are firm and crisp and ready to be dipped in a delicious Caffe Latte.
PS: If the dough is sticky add more flour (because some flours are more absorbed than others).
You can make 2 logs and reduce the size of the width.