- 350g of roasted ground hazelnuts
- 300g of melted butter
- 200g of caster sugar
- 2 large eggs or 3 small eggs
- 500g of all purpose flour/plain flour
- In large bowl mix the melted butter, the sugar.
- Add the eggs (together) and then pour the hazelnuts.
- Mix again and slowly add the flour.
- Mix very well.
- Remove the dough from the bowl and cover the dough with a plastic wrap.
- Put the dough for 1 hour into the fridge.
- Remove the dough from the fridge.
- Floured a clean surface and roll your dough into a long log.
- Cut into long sticks of 10 centimeters length and 3 centimeters wide then join the two ends to form a ring.
- Flour a cookie pan and add your cookies on the top.
- Bake for 30 minutes to 180C degrees.
The hazelnuts give a crunchy texture and the smell is so good.
You can keep your rings in a metal box (more traditional).
With the same dough you can also make cookies (see the picture) or any shape you want.
Bonne degustation !