Serves: 10/12 Slices
Ingredients: (for the cake)
- 6 eggs
- 180g of caster sugar
- 250g of flour
- 50g of corn flour
- 7g of baking powder
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 50ml of milk
- 100ml of sunflower oil
- A pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 180C degrees.
- Grease a Bundt cake pan.
- In a large bowl whisk the egg yolks, the lemon zest and the sugar until it becomes very light and creamy.
- Pour the milk and whisk well.
- Pour the sunflower oil and continue to whisk.
- Add the flour, the corn flour and the baking powder and whisk very well all of the ingredients.
- In another bowl beat the egg whites until stiff peaks begin to form (do not forget to add a pinch of salt a few minutes after beating).
- Now with a spatula, transfer the egg white mixture to the other bowl and combine gently the all ingredients.
- Pour the mixture into the Bundt cake pan and bake for 40 minutes (more or less depending the oven) or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 15 minutes.
I serve my Mouskoutchou with some raspberries and a delicious Ceylan tea!