The weekend has arrived so fast, and I’m in my kitchen busy preparing special dishes for my friends and family for Ramadan. Yesterday I prepared this Roasted Chicken with Coriander and Kalamata Olives. It’s a flavorful and tasty combination. The chicken is tender and aromatic with the addition of coriander (one of my favorite herbs). The Saffron brings a delicious flavor and a nice color to this simple dish. We really enjoy this recipe in my family (with Arabic homemade bread on the side of course), and hopefully so will you!
- 6 chicken thighs
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1 brown onion
- 1 bouquet of coriander
- 100g of kalamata olives (soaked in water)
- Black pepper
- 6 saffron threads
- 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- Rub the chicken thighs with olive oil, salt, black pepper and set aside.
- In a large deep pot add the olive oil, the garlic cloves and the sliced onion.
- Start to cook on a medium heat for 2/3 minutes.
- Add the chicken thighs, sprinkle the saffron threads and finally add the chopped coriander.
- Roast the chicken legs tights a few minutes then cover with water.
- Pour the olives on the top.
- Cook for about 30/45 minutes depending on the stove or until the chicken is very tender and the sauce becomes reduced.
- Remove from the heat and transfer the chicken to a serving dish.
- Sprinkle with coriander leaves and enjoy!
Bonne dégustation, Saha Ftourkoum!
PS: Here are some popular chicken recipes served during Ramadan.