I like quiches, mushrooms, and Roquefort, and so I decided to combine the three for a delicious classic quiche for lunch! Accompanied with a red leaf lettuce.
Serves: 5 quiches
- 300g of puff pastry/pâte feuilleté, http://www.lafaimdesbananes.com/article-pate-feuilletee-maison-109085809.html
- 800g of crimini brown mushrooms
- 1 generous tablespoon of salted butter
- 250gr of Roquefort/Stilton cheese
- 200ml of heavy cream
- 1 egg
- A pinch of salt
- A pinch of black pepper
- A pinch of nutmeg
- Grease 5 individual removable bottom tart pans (13 centimeters and 3 centimeters deep).
- Dust with flour a clean surface.
- Cut the dough into 5 equals parts.
- With a rolling pin, flatten the first dough the size of your tart pan.
- Add delicately the flattened dough into the tart pan.
- Poke the bottom of the dough.
- Proceed the same way for the rest of the dough and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 180C degrees.
- Wash the mushrooms delicately and put them into a colander.
- In a large pan add 1 tablespoon of salted butter and the mushrooms.
- Sauté the mushrooms a few minutes until they become extremely moist (stir the entire time with a wooden spoon).
- Pour the mushrooms into the bottom of each tart pan.
- Sprinkle with Roquefort on the top of each tart.
- In a bowl pour the heavy cream and 1 egg.
- Whisk the 2 ingredients together then add the salt, the black pepper and finally the nutmeg.
- Pour the mixture on the top of each tart.
- Bake for 45 minutes (more or less depending on the oven).
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 15 minutes.
Serve with the red leaf lettuce on the side with a homemade dressing (125ml of extra virgin oil, 1 generous tablespoon of whole grain mustard and 1 tablespoon of velvet balsamic vinegar). I like the flaky texture of the quiche and the strong flavor of the Roquefort.
40 Comments Add yours
Looks so delicious!! I love quiche, too. 😀
Thank you so much Jhuls. Have a wonderful day! 😀
Such a vision of perfection! Gorgeous 😉
Thank you very much my Dear Elaine! 😉 xx
This looks so good! x
Thank you so much Madelaine! 🙂 xx
Linda my love😍😍😍!! Are you well? I haven’t forgotten you- was busy with studying and on holidays, but I’m back! This looks fabulous as always- and it’s our favorite combination!! Hugs xxx
Marta my dear, I am glad to see you are back!😍 Thank you, it’s a perfect combination for summer! 😀
Big Hugs xxxx
Looks delicious 😋
Thank you so much! 🙂 Enjoy your weekend 🙂
I love and make quiches quite often. It is always delightful to see being made with ingredients I have never used, in this case, Roquefort cheese!
Thank you so much Fae. This version is very tasty, I’m sure you will like it! 🙂
Should have clicked on your blog ere I made lunch 🙂 ! Had all the ingredients, used most but differently – this for fun later!! Can’t get crimini in rural Australia, but methinks what we call ‘Swiss Browns’ will do . . . grow them myself . . .
Thank you Eha 🙂 The combination makes a tasty flavor. I’m jealous, nothing better than using your own ingredients!! 😉
Grand combination of flavours. Yum!
Thank you so much, Michelle! 🙂
Looks so delicious! Wow!!!
Thank you very much, Lina! 🙂
I love quiche! And this one looks so scrumptious! 🙂
Pinned it 🙂 🙂 🙂
Thank you so much, Linda. I’m so glad you like the recipe! 🙂
Will you ship me a few, Linda? Your dishes always look perfect. ❤
With pleasure Patty and thank you for your kind words ❤ I love your Instagram pictures 😉
IG is such fun!
Nice flavor combination and beautiful photos!
I’m glad you like it, merci beaucoup Stefan! 🙂
This looks absolutely packed full of flavour Linda! I’ve never been a huge fan of blue cheese (something I need to work on… I know!) but can imagine it adds a nice tang to the filling in this quiche. Absolutely adore mushrooms!
Margot, you can work with Emmental cheese or Comté cheese, the taste is also very nice. I love mushrooms too. Enjoy the rest of the weekend! 🙂
Fabulous quiche Linda! Very rustic and very elegant!!
Thank you so much Sonal! xx
I am enjoying your blog, and this recipe looks so delicious and flavorful!
Thank you so much Anna, for your kind words! 🙂
What a lovely combination of flavors, Linda & they sure look lovely!
Thank you so much Naina! 🙂
These Mushroom Quiche looks so delicious,hungry already….
Thank you so much Swapna! 😀
Beautiful quiche Linda!
Thank you so much Lili! 🙂
That looks delicious! Thank you for sharing 🙂
Thank you very much, Tanya! 🙂