I have always had a soft spot for anything crispy, crack in the tooth that smells pistachio, the bitter almond or orange blossom with my coffee or tea.
Today I propose you a simple recipe for Pistachio Biscotti and this is what I will be bringing to this Fiesta Friday, hosted by Angie.
Serves 14 biscotti
- 300g of all purpose flour
- 150g of ground pistachios
- 100g of caster sugar
- A pinch of salt
- 2 large eggs or 3 small eggs
- 6g of baking powder
- 90ml of sunflower oil
- 1 egg yolk for the brush
- Flaked almonds for decoration
- In a bowl add the flour, the sugar, the salt, the ground pistachios, the baking powder and the salt.
- Start to mix with your fingers.
- Add the sunflower oil and mix all the ingredients with your fingers.
- Add 2 eggs and continue to mix gently until the dough becomes firm.
- Sprinkle with a pinch of flour a clean surface and roll the dough into a log.
- Flour a baking tray and transfer the log to it.
- Flatten with your hands and make the shape of a rectangle (35 cm length and 15 cm width).
- Brush the top with the egg yolk and sprinkle with the flaked almonds.
- Preheat your oven to 180C and bake for 35 minutes.
- Remove the tray from the oven and cut very carefully slices of 2 cm and roll it on one side.
- Bake for another 10 minutes.
- Remove again from the oven and flip the Biscottis into the other side.
- Bake for another 5 minutes.
- Remove and allow to cool.
The Biscottis are golden with a crunchy texture and I love to dip it in hot latteė
Store the Biscottis in a metal box, thus protecting them from moisture!