I have always had a soft spot for anything crispy, crack in the tooth that smells pistachio, the bitter almond or orange blossom with my coffee or tea.
Today I propose you a simple recipe for Pistachio Biscotti and this is what I will be bringing to this Fiesta Friday, hosted by Angie.
Serves 12/14 biscotti
- 350g of all purpose flour/plain flour
- 70g of ground pistachios
- 120g of caster sugar
- A pinch of salt
- 3 medium eggs
- 6g of baking powder
- 90ml of sunflower oil
- 1 egg yolk for the brush
- Flaked almonds for decoration
- Line a cookie tray with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, the sugar, the ground pistachios, the baking powder and the salt.
- Start to mix with your fingers.
- Add the sunflower oil and mix all the ingredients with your fingers.
- Lightly beat the 3 eggs and add to the mixture.
- Mix gently until the dough becomes firm.
- Preheat the oven to 180C degrees.
- Sprinkle with a pinch of flour a clean surface and roll the dough into a log.
- Flour a baking tray and transfer the log to it.
- Flatten with your hands and make the shape of a rectangle (35 cm length and 15 cm width).
- Brush the top with the egg yolk and sprinkle with the flaked almonds.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove the tray from the oven and cut very carefully slices of 2 cm and roll it on one side.
- Bake for another 10 minutes.
- Remove again from the oven and flip the Biscottis into the other side.
- Bake for another 5 minutes.
- Remove and allow to cool.
The Biscotti are golden with a crunchy texture and I love to dip it in hot café au lait!
PS: The recipe can easily be made by hand like today or in a stand mixer.
Store the Biscotti in a metal box, thus protecting them from moisture!