Brioche Tressee for our tomorrow breakfast.
- 500g of plain flour/ all purpose flour
- Pinch of salt
- 20g of fresh yeast
- 100g of caster sugar
- 5 medium eggs
- 200g of soft butter
- Sesame seeds
- 1 egg yolk
- In the bowl of the stand mixer, add the flour and crumble the yeast on the top.
- Add the salt on one side and the sugar on the top of the fresh yeast.
- Add the eggs, one at a time and start to mix again on low speed with the hook of your stand mixer.
- Increase the speed to medium.
- Finally add the soft butter and mix on high speed until the dough detaches from the bowl (about 15 minutes).
- Transfer the dough into a big floured bowl, set aside and let the dough rise for 1h.
- Cover with a clean kitchen cloth.
- Transfer the dough onto a clean floured surface, punch it down gently to release the air.
- Flour a large baking tray.
- Cut the dough into 3 equals parts and make a Tresse or you can divide the dough into small buns of (80grams).
- Transfer the Brioche to the top of the baking tray or your buns (keep a little space between them).
- Let the dough rise for 2hours.
- Half an hour before baking preheat the oven to 170C degrees.
- Brush with the egg yolk and sprinkle with a few sesame seeds or sugar.
- Bake for 30 minutes (more or less depending the oven) and remove when the brioche is golden brown.
This Brioche is perfect with jam or with butter!
6 Comments Add yours
OMG… can I have some pretty please…;)
Of Course, with pleasure …;)
That looks absolutely scrumptious!! I’m with Raphaelle, I want some! 🙂
Thank you so much .We just took our breakfast outside and the Brioche was delicious…Next time I’ll send you a slice 😀
Woke up – open wordpress and I see your brioche again… arg life is sooo unfair XD
Oh la la, Raphaelle (^) Je suis desolee .