- 500g of plain/ all- purpose flour
- Pinch of salt
- 20g of fresh yeast
- 100g of granulated white sugar
- 5 eggs
- 200g of soft butter
- Sesame seeds
- 1 egg yolk
- In a Kitchen Aid add the flour, the sugar, and crumble the yeast, start to knead.
- Add the salt on the on the other side of the bowl.
- Add the eggs, one at a time and knead again.
- And finally the soft butter and knead until the dough detaches from the bowl.
- Transfer the dough into a big floured bowl, set aside and let the dough rise for 1h.
- Cover with a clean kitchen cloth.
- Transfer the dough onto a clean floured surface, punch it down gently to release the air.
- Flour a large baking pan.
- Cut the dough into 3 equals parts and make a Tresse.
- Transfer the Brioche to the top of the baking pan.
- Let the dough rise for 2hours.
- Half an hour before baking preheat the oven to 170C degrees.
- Brush with the egg yolk and sprinkle with a few sesame seeds or sugar.
- Bake for 30 minutes (more or less depending the oven) and remove when the brioche is golden brown.
This Brioche is perfect with jams.