- 200g of all-purpose flour
- 80g of butter
- 180g of granulated white sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1 liter of milk
- 350g of unpitted prunes soaked 2 hours in orange blossom water
- In a cooking pan, boil the milk, the butter.
- When the butter is melted, remove from the heat and set aside.
- In a bowl or a Kitchen Aid add the eggs and the sugar.
- Whisk until the mixture turns yellow pale.
- Add the flour slowly and whisk until the mixture becomes homogenous.
- Pour the milk very slowly and whisk gently.
- Preheat the oven at 180C.
- Grease and flour a deep ceramic baking dish (for the oven).
- Add into the bottom of the dish the prunes (one by one).
- Pour the mixture on the top of the prunes very slowly.
- Bake for 1 hour until the top becomes golden brown.
- Remove and allow to cool for 30 minutes.
This dessert is soft, smooth and the prunes give a melting texture.