Moelleux au Chocolat, Flourless Chocolate Cake

IMG_1971 IMG_1967 IMG_1975The weekend is here, beautiful weather outside, and we all know what that means; Fiesta Friday #42. Today I’m bringing a Moelleux au Chocolat, made with only dark chocolate. I’m not addicted to chocolate like the rest of my family but this Moelleux is very nice for any occasion!There is always a debate about this cake; Moelleux or Fondant, the Moelleux is light and moist inside the Fondant has a melted chocolate inside when you cut the cake. I let you choose!

Thanks again to our great hostess Angie from The Novice Gardener. Also, thanks to Tracy @Scratch It and Stephanie @The Cozy Cook, for co-hosting this week Fiesta Friday!

Serves 10

Ingredients:

• 250g of dark chocolate (for me Lindt 85% of cocoa)
  • 6 eggs
  • 180g of white granulated sugar
  • 150g of soft butter
  • 1 tablespoon of flour
  • Cocoa powder or icing sugar for decoration

Procedure:

1. Grease and flour a round pan of 23 cm and set aside.
  2. Preheat the oven to 170C degrees.
  3. In a bain-Marie melt the chocolate and the butter and stir gently.
  4. In the first bowl add 2 eggs.
  5. In another bowl separate the whites from the egg yolks (and add the 4 egg yolks into the first bowl).
  6. Into the first bowl with the (2 eggs and the 4 eggs yolk) add the sugar and start to whisk.
  7. Add the flour and continue to whisk until the mixture becomes frothy and white.
  8. Add the melted chocolate and whisk gently.
  9. In the second bowl whisk the egg whites until forms soft peaks.
  10. Incorporate the whisked egg whites to the first bowl and whisk gently with a spatula.
  11. Pour the mixture into the round pan and bake for 40 minutes (more or less depending on the oven) or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
  12. Remove from the oven and set aside for 30 minutes.
  13. Transfer into a serving plate.
  14. Dust with icing sugar for a contrast.

This Moelleux is sweet but not too sweet, smooth and light, and served perfectly with a fresh pomegranate juice!

Bon Appétit!

1. This look incredible!!!!!!! 🙂

1. Thank you so much Kloe 🙂

1. Thank you very much Sarah 🙂

2. Tracy says:

I’m so with you on the chocolate. I like it, I eat it and enjoy it, but quite frankly, I could live without it if need be (although hopefully I’ll never have to!) This cake is definitely one that Id like a big piece of! Love love dark chocolate!! Thanks for bringing it to Fiesta Friday! 🙂

1. Thank you so much for your kind words, Tracy 🙂 I love the bitterness of the dark chocolate too and thank you for co-hosting this week Fiesta Friday 🙂

3. A Home Cook says:

Oh … mmmmmm. This is so tempting on a cold and rainy day like this. Definitely bookmarked for ‘next time’. Happy Fiesta Friday.

1. Thank you so much 🙂 If you like dark chocolate, this cake is very tasty. Do let me know how it turns out, please. Happy Fiesta Friday too.

1. A Home Cook says:

Oooh. Dark Choclate … mmmm.

4. sabine says:

No matter what the correct name is, I´d like to have a slice, please!

1. Oh, thank you Sabine 🙂 I would love to send you a slice with pleasure!

5. Goodness Linda, this looks incredible!! 1 large wedge for me please 😀

1. Thank you Naina and hurry up one more slice left on the plate 😀

6. Karinna says:

Wow. There is a French patisserie near here that makes mini versions of these. They used to be divine, but the last couple I’ve had have been disappointing – not soft enough in the middle! I’m going to give them another try, but I’m also really happy to have your recipe to try out sometime. Always such wonderful recipes from you! 🙂

1. Thank you very much for your sweet comment, Karina, you’re too kind 🙂 If you try the recipe, Karinna, I would love to hear your feedback and I really hope it works. The most important is to whisk properly the white eggs in this recipe and not too much flour. Enjoy your weekend!

7. A simple cake but it is chocolate – anything made with chocolate is good 🙂

1. Oh yes Juju, chocolate is always a winner 🙂 Have a great weekend!

8. Hilda says:

This is one of the few chocolate desserts I am willing to make, and have been meaning to make one for a while. Not because I don’t like chocolate, but precisely because I like it so much, but only when very dark, rich and not too sweet. Your cake looks perfect.

1. Thank you for always being so nice to me, Hilda 🙂 I’m not a chocoholic like the rest of the family but from time to time I really appreciate chocolate and only dark chocolate, this moelleux is not heavy at all. I opted for a 85% of cocoa to balance with the 180g of sugar, the cake is nice!

9. Such a classy, elegant, yet simple cake Linda! It looks truly wonderful!

1. I agree with you Margot, a delicious cake for any chocolate lovers. Have a nice week 🙂

10. Wow! Your family is so lucky!!

1. Thank you Elaine 🙂 I’m lucky too 😉

11. Beautiful photos! I enjoyed looking at your blog!

1. Thank you very much, Jenny 🙂

12. Beautiful cake, it looks as light as air. Wonderful cake!!

1. Thank you very much, Susan 🙂

13. thebrookcook says:

The texture looks unbelievably perfect!! Lovely 🙂

1. Thank you so much 🙂 Have a nice week!

14. andy says:

Linda ……………. ❤ I am available for adoption 😉 Bookmarked this.

1. You made me laugh 😀 You’re too sweet and you’re welcome anytime . Have a wonderful week ❤

15. Nancy says:

This cake looks spectacular, Linda! one can never go wrong with chocolate when I’m around as this cake sounds scrumptious. 🙂

1. Thank you so much Nancy 🙂 This cake is very easy to make and comes very moist and very chocolaty, very yummy 😀 Have a great week!

16. platedujour says:

It’s not a fondant type for sure but who cares!! I want it badly and preferably now please 😀 Here is the thing- I will give you some of my boring healthy muffins and in exchange you will give me this cake! Wonderful Linda, as always xx

1. Great idea send me your scrumptious muffins and I send you a generous slice of my moelleux/fondant 😀 This is a light chocolate moelleux 😉 Have wonderful week too xx

17. This looks amazing. I love your use of the dark chocolate. I do love my chocolate.

1. Thank you, Julie 🙂 This cake is very nice with dark chocolate, you can use 70% of cocoa instead of 85% if you like! Welcome to Instagram 😉

1. Thank you! I am trying to get used to using it. I deep forgetting to take a shot and share 🙂

18. Jhuls says:

I hope you have extra bars of Lindt chocolate for me, Linda. 😀 This cake looks fabulously amazing!! ❤

1. Jhuls, I have always an extra bar for you 😀 This cake is super yummy and super easy to make (I’m a lazy mama), I like simple recipe 😀 Have a fab week ❤

19. skd says:

Yummm..Yumm… Yumm… Amazing looking cake 🙂

1. Thank you so much SKD 🙂 This cake is super easy to make and yummy 🙂

20. Loretta says:

So beautifully decadent and moist looking Linda. You can never go wrong with chocolate cake. Gorgeous!

1. Thank you Loretta 🙂 I agree with you never go wrong with chocolate cake! Have a nice week 🙂

21. Nomzi Kumalo says:

Looks simply yummy. I must give this recipe a go. 🙂

1. Thank you very much, Nomzi 🙂 Do let me know how it turns out!

1. Nomzi Kumalo says:

I will most certainly do so. 🙂

22. Simple maybe, but very decadent.

1. Thank you Fae for your nice comment 🙂 Have a great week!

23. Amanda says:

OMG that looks so good. So rich! My husband would LOVE that. It doesn’t look too difficult either. You’re going to make me into a much better baker. Thank you!

1. Thank you, Amanda 🙂 This moelleux is delicious and easy to make with basic ingredients, good chocolate et voilà…Dark chocolate is the success of this cake. Have a wonderful week!

24. sarahjmir says:

I just rummaged through my stash of chocolate. Alas I couldn’t find enough chocolate for this recipe but am definitely pinning it for later!

1. Sarah, I really hope you and your family like this moelleux as much as we did 😉