The weekend is here, and we all know what that means; Fiesta Friday time! Thanks again to our Angie from The Novice Gardener for this friendly party. I cannot believe this is the 30th Fiesta Friday already, time sure flies! Thanks to Margherita from La Petite Casserole for co hosting this week!
- 2 x 400g of lamb leg without bone
- 1 brown onion
- 6 cloves of garlic
- A lot of old style whole grain mustard (for me Maille)
- 3 branches of rosemary
- A pinch of salt
- A pinch of black pepper
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 6 potatoes
- In a cast iron pot add the olive oil.
- Add the sliced onion, the rosemary branches and the peeled garlic.
- Start to cook on a medium heat.
- Meanwhile, rub the entire surface of the lamb with the mustard.
- Add the lamb to the pot, add the salt and the black pepper.
- Start to roast for about 10 minutes the whole surface of the lamb.
- Pour the water to cover the lamb and cook for 1h 30 minutes, more or less depending on your stove and your pot.
- When the sauce is reduced and the lamb tender, remove from the stove and set aside.
- Peel and wash the potatoes.
- Dry the potatoes on a kitchen towel.
- Grate the potatoes.
- Put the grated potatoes into a bowl, add the salt and the black pepper.
- In a large none stick frying pan add a few of olive oil.
- Spread and flatten a little of grated potatoes with a fork into the pan, cook on a medium heat, when the bottom is golden brown, flip with a large spatula the potato.
- Cook until the other side becomes golden brown, proceed the same way for the rest of the grated potatoes.
- Serve on a dishing plate with a few slices of the roasted lamb.