Mediterranean aroma in my kitchen with another simple and delicious focaccia recipe. I added sea salt of Guérande and a little rosemary to make it flavorful. Served with a bowl of extra virgin olive oil and some olives on the side.
- 20g of fresh yeast
- 250ml of lukewarm water (more or less depending of the quality of your flour)
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 500g of plain flour/all purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- A pinch of salt
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt (salt of Guerande)
- In the mixing bowl of the stand mixer add the flour and the sugar.
- On one side add the fresh crumbled yeast, and on the other side add the salt (never add the yeast beside the salt).
- Start to mix the all the ingredients with the hook of your stand mixer on a medium speed .
- Pour the olive oil and mix.
- Add the water and mix on a high speed until the dough becomes soft and sticky.
- Transfer the dough into an oiled large bowl.
- Cover with a kitchen cloth and set aside for (1 hour for me).
- After 1 hour, punch down to deflate dough completely, then re-cover.
- Refrigerate the bowl into the refrigerator overnight.
- The following morning, remove the bowl from the refrigerator and transfer the dough into a greasy round cooking pan.
- Let the dough rise for 1 hour or 2 hours (depending of the room).
- After 1 hour, pour some extra virgin oil on the all surface of your Focaccia.
- With your fingers, poke all the surface.
- Sprinkle some rosemary and sea salt on the top of the dough.
- Bake for 45 minutes more or less depending of the oven or when the bottom is golden.
- Remove from the oven and drizzle more olive oil on the top.
2 Comments Add yours
Looks perfect as always, Linda.🤤
Thank you my Jhuls ❤