A few days ago I made Applesauce, simple and yet very versatile recipe. Applesauce is perfect as a dessert or accompanied with delicious meat. Last time I discovered on frugalhausfrau’s blog, fabulous spices to use for my Applesauce.
- 10 Golden apples
- A pinch of cinnamon
- A pinch of nutmeg
- A pinch of allspice
- A pinch of ground cloves
- 15g of vanilla sugar
- 250ml of water (maybe more)
- Wash and rinse the apples.
- Peel the apples.
- Cut the apples in quarters and remove the seeds.
- Add the quartered apples into a pot.
- Add the cinnamon, the nutmeg, the allspice, the ground cloves and the vanilla sugar.
- Cover with water.
- Cook until the apples become soft (15 minutes for me).
- Remove the apples and mash them with a fork to obtain a purée.
- Transfer the applesauce into individual pot or jar or whatever you want and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Serve cold.
The applesauce is smooth and unctuous. The blend of the spices bring a delicious aroma to this simple sweet dessert.
PS: I suggest you visit frugalhausfrau’s blog. You will be delighted by so much information. She has an amazing blog!