Gloomy and rainy day in Dubai, I opted for a spicy lentil soup.
- 200g of brown lentil
- 1 small potato
- 1 carrot
- Black pepper
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 red chili pepper
- 1 teaspoon of caraway powder
- coriander leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon of harissa
- 1 1/2 of liter of water
- Wash and rinse the lentil.
- Peel the potato and the carrot (wash them).
- In a cooking pot add the garlic cloves, the chopped potato, the chopped carrot, the whole red chili pepper, the caraway powder and the harissa.
- Mixed all the ingredients together with a wooden spoon.
- Add the brown lentil, the salt, and the black pepper.
- Pour the water and cook for 30 minutes on medium heat.
- When it’s cooked, remove the red chilli pepper from the soup.
- Blend all the ingredients together.
Serve this soup with a few coriander leaves and minced red chili pepper.