Rice pudding

IMG_5178IMG_5184IMG_5188

Rice Pudding is popular all around the world. Made with rice and milk. Simple, flavorful, cooked on the stove or baked in the oven. Caramel on the top like the Turkish version or caramel into the bottom (my favorite version, especially when you turn over the mold and see the caramel sliding down the sides). I know I’m a “gourmande”.

This version is very simple to make, and tasty, a family favorite!

See you at Fiesta Friday #104  co-hosted this week by Mila @Milk and Bun and Hilda @Along the Grapevine.

Serves: 6 generous slices

Ingredients: (for the pudding)

• 120g of medium grain rice (Arborio)
  • 1 liter of full-fat milk
  • 120g of caster sugar
  • A pinch of cinnamon
  • Zest of 2 lemons

Procedure:

1. Wash the rice and drain it into a colander and set aside.
  2. In a large saucepan add the milk, the zest of 2 lemons, the cinnamon and the sugar.
  3. Add the saucepan on a medium heat.
  4. Pour the rice and cook for about 30 minutes (more or less depending on the stove).
  5. Stir constantly with a wooden spoon.
  6. When the rice is cooked and the mixture thick, remove from the heat and set aside.

PicMonkey Collage

Ingredients: (for the caramel)

• 150g of caster sugar
  • 3 tablespoons of water

Procedure:

1. Pour the sugar and the water into a pan and start to cook on a low heat.
  2. When the caramel becomes golden brown remove from the heat.
  3. Immediately pour the caramel into the pudding mold (rotate the pudding mold to cover the entire bottom surface with caramel).
  4. Don’t forget to protect your hands, the caramel is extremely HOT.

Final Procedure:

1. Pour the rice pudding into the pudding mold and refrigerate for three or four hours.
  2. Remove from the fridge and invert the pudding onto a serving plate.
  3. Cut slices and enjoy.

Bon Appétit!

PS: You can use individual molds and also add the flavors that you like!

1. Yum! I love a flavorful rice pudding!

2. Love the caramel on top, I am swooning for a portion now.

1. Thank you very much, Nicole. Have a great Sunday! 🙂

3. This is such a simple and elegant pudding.. Love the way you have used a mould for this 😊

1. Thank you Shy, I’m glad you like it. Enjoy your weekend! 🙂

4. What a simple and delicious pudding with rice !

1. Thank you very much, Swapna! 🙂

5. OMG, I loooove rice pudding. Such a good idea to mould it like that! I bet it tasted amazing 🙂

1. Thank you so much for your nice comment. Enjoy the rest of the weekend! 🙂

6. Loretta says:

Wow Linda, you made this rice pudding look so grand. Just gorgeous, love the mould you used as well.

1. Thanks a lot Loretta for the sweet comment. Enjoy the rest of the weekend! 🙂

7. chef mimi says:

I haven’t made rice pudding in years – it never seemed very popular even though I loved it. (What don’t I like…) But I love that you made it in a mold and served it with caramel. Lovely!!!

1. Thank you very much, Mimi. Hope you give this a try and let me know what you think served with the caramel! 🙂

8. skd says:

I make rice pudding like the first half of yours. Then serve chilled with slivered almonds and cashews. But I have never caramelised it Linda. Completely new to me. Have to try this delicious version of yours.
    Hugs and regards
    Ana

1. Thanks a lot Ana. I’m glad you like this version. In my family we always prepare the rice pudding or the semolina pudding with caramel and inside mold. I love your recipe with almonds and cashews on the top. Have a nice weekend! 🙂 xx

9. Rice pudding is such a wonderful dessert, and adding caramel to it is just brilliant. 🙂

1. Thank you so much for your nice comment, Ronit! 🙂

10. Rice pudding was my mom’s favorite. She would eat it for lunch or dinner sprinkled with sugar. I love the way you added caramel and served it in a mold.

1. Thank you so much Gerlinde. This is one of the simplest dessert and always delicious! 🙂

11. milkandbun says:

Mmmmm I also do like sweet rice pudding or porridge and doesn’t matter how it’s called- very tasty! 🙂 Like how you served it as well!
    Hope you had a wonderful weekend! (it’s so cold here.. almost winter hahaha)

1. Thanks a lot Mila and thank you for co-hosting this week FF. Yesterday I put my socks for the first time after 10 years here 😀 Have a wonderful week too!

1. milkandbun says:

C’mon! Really? I always wear socks and some other thick cloths at home and outside- boots and wool jackets! 😀

2. I’m serious 😀 😀

12. Nancy says:

You’ve taken rice pudding to a whole new level with that beautiful crown of caramel, Linda! Looks delicious!

1. Thank you so much Nancy. I’m glad you like it. Have a nice week! 🙂

13. So beautifully plated, love it 😊

1. Thanks a lot Marisa. Have a nice week! 🙂

14. Linda, I have never seen rice pudding molded. This is brilliant, especially with the caramel sauce! 🙂

1. Thank you so much Fae for your sweet comment. Easy to make and tasty! 🙂

15. Marvelous! looks very good, Linda 🙂

1. Thank you very much Freda! 🙂

16. Jhuls says:

Brilliant idea in moulding rice pudding. This looks so delicious and I love that caramel on top. 😀 I wish you a lovely week ahead, Linda. Happy FF! x

1. Thanks a lot Jhuls. I know you loooove caramel, it was indeed and easy to make 😀 Have a wonderful week ahead and Happy FF! 🙂 xx

17. I’ve never made rice pudding in molds- it really brings it to another level! My husband is a HUGE fan… may make this for Valentine’s Day!! or sooner 😉

1. Thank you so much Josette. I’m glad you like it. Try to make it before Valentine’s day as a test 😀 Have a nice week! 🙂

18. Uma Raghuraman says:

Very true, Rice pudding is quite popular across the globe, only the spices that go in are little different. Loved reading your version. Lovely pics too!

1. Thank you so much, Uma. Have a nice day! 🙂

19. As others have said I too have not made rice pudding even though I love rice. Looks delicious!

1. Thanks a lot Judi. I’m glad you like this recipe. I don’t often cook rice but when it’s pudding everyone is agreed 😉 Have a nice week! 🙂

20. simple yet delicious pudding…. yummm

1. Thank you so much, Chitra. Very yummy 😉

21. I haven’t had rice pudding in years, such a shame because i love it. Your rice pudding looks lovely Linda. Creamy and comforting.

1. Thanks a lot Suzanne. This one is aromatic with lemon, my favorite citrus inside sweet treats. I’m glad you like it! 🙂

22. Francesca says:

I’ve never had rice pudding – looks super delicious, Linda!

1. Thank you so much Francesca. Easy and yummy! 🙂

23. Takes me back to childhood memories Linda – your version looks so perfectly formed!

1. Thank you so much Laura. I’m glad you enjoyed it and that it brought you good memories. Have a nice day! 🙂

24. Hilda says:

Your version of rice pudding looks so pretty and tasty, but then nothing less than I would expect from you. The caramel and form really make it special.

1. Oh, thanks a lot Hilda for your lovely comment I really appreciate. Thank you for co-hosting this week FF and have a nice day! 🙂

25. Karen says:

Your pudding brings back fond memories of my sweet mother in law, she often made rice pudding when she knew we were coming for a visit. Love your presentation.

1. Thank you so much Karen. I’m glad that it brought back memories for you! 🙂

26. sarahgiebens says:

I LOVE rice pudding! It looks great!

1. Thanks a lot Sarah! 🙂

27. Margherita says:

One of my favourite desserts, a lot of sweet memories even for me!

1. Minimal effort for a yummy dessert, Margherita 😉 Have a nice day! 🙂

28. Mary Frances says:

For some reason I always forget how easy and delicious rice pudding is to make. I’ll have to play around in the kitchen and make a batch!

1. Thanks a lot Mary Frances. I agree with you, rice pudding is a delicious sweet treat. I hope that you will make it soon. Have a great weekend! 🙂

29. Anna says:

This sounds so delicious … and looks so beautiful, Linda!

1. Thank you so much Anna. Have a nice weekend! 🙂

1. Anna says:

Thank you! Have a lovely weekend as well! 🙂

30. laurasmess says:

I love rice pudding. It always brings me back to the warm winter desserts of my childhood, sitting in the kitchen with my momma (she always made it super creamy with cinnamon and raisins). Your version looks gorgeous. I love the concept of the mould and the gorgeous river of caramel poured over the top! Super yummy.

1. Thank you so much Laura for your kind words, I really appreciate. I’m so glad you like this version and also I brought you back good souvenirs. Have a nice weekend! 🙂

31. chefceaser says:

Reblogged this on Chef Ceaser.

1. Thank you very much! 🙂