I think we all love cookies (including biscuits and galettes). Simple, flavored, aromatic, sweet, or salty. Here is an easy recipe of Galette made with flour, almond powder and of course with orange blossom water to enhance the aroma. We used to make them all the time when I was a child. Perfect recipe to bake with children.
Serves: 30/35 pieces
- 200g of almond powder
- 400g of flour
- 4 eggs
- 180g of caster sugar
- 125g of sunflower oil
- 11g of baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons of orange blossom water
- Egg yolk for the brush
- Sliced almonds
- In a large bowl add the flour, the almond powder, the pinch of salt and the baking powder.
- Mix with a wooden spoon the four ingredients.
- Add the sugar and mix again.
- Add the four eggs at the same time and mix all the ingredients.
- Pour the orange blossom water.
- Fina, ly pour the sunflower oil.
- Mix all the ingredients with your hands until the dough becomes assembled.
- Cover with a plastic wrap and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180C degrees.
- Flour a large baking tray.
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator.
- Flour a clean surface and flatten the dough with a rolling pin, use a round metal circle cookie cutter to make your galettes, (you can use different sizes of round cookie cutters).
- Transfer the biscuits onto the baking tray and proceed the same way for the rest of the dough.
- Brush with an egg yolk the entire surface of each galette.
- Sprinkle with a few sliced almonds or make lines with a fork on the top.
- Bake for 30 minutes, more or less depending the oven, or when the top is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 15 minutes.
They are so good with a hot Latte!