With summer soon coming to an end, I couldn’t see a better reason to enjoy the outdoors with a homemade burger, perfect for this week’s Fiesta Friday #82 too!
The recipe for the Bread comes from my fellow lovely lady Elaine. I made her Loaf this week, and since it was so good, I decided to use the same recipe to make my buns for my Chicken Burgers!
A huge thanks to our amazing host, Angie from The Novice Gardener, and to our co-host’s for this week Sarah @ Sarah’s Little Kitchen and Kaila @ GF Life 24/7.
Serve: 4 large burgers
Ingredients: (for the bread)
- Flour a baking tray.
- Divide the dough into 4 equals parts.
- Shape into smooth round balls and place them on the floured baking tray (do not forget to leave a little space between them).
- Cover with a clean kitchen towel and allow them to rise 1 hour.
- After 1 hour, brush each bread with a mix of milk (1 tbsp) and one egg yolk.
- Preheat the oven to 210C degrees.
- Sprinkle each bread with roasted sesame seeds.
- Bake for 30 minutes (more or less depending on your oven).
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- 4 bell pepper’s (1 red, 1 yellow, 1 orange, 1 green)
- 2 white onions
- Feta cheese
- 400g ground chicken breast
- 1 small bouquet of coriander
- A few salad leaves (lettuce for me)
- Extra virgin olive oil
- A pinch of salt
- A pinch of black pepper
- A pinch of red paper flakes.
- Wash and rinse the bell peppers, and remove the seeds.
- Cut lengthwise the bell peppers.
- In a large pan, on a medium heat, pour a little olive oil and add the bell peppers.
- Add the salt and the black pepper.
- Cook until they become tender.
- Remove the pan from the oven and transfer the bell peppers to a plate.
- Peel the onions and slice them.
- Add the sliced onions into the same pan (add more olive oil).
- Add the salt and the black pepper.
- Cook on a medium heat the sliced onions until they turn tender and brown (about 10 minutes).
- Remove the pan and transfer the onions to another plate.
- In a large bowl add the ground chicken, the chopped coriander, the red paper flakes, salt and finally the black pepper.
- Mix with your hands all ingredients.
- Shape into 4 large patties.
- Grill the patties on a grill pan, on a medium heat.
- When the bottom becomes white/golden flip the patties and cooks the other side.
- Cut each bread in half, place the patties, the onions, the bell peppers, the feta cheese and the lettuce leaves.
The chicken burgers are very nice, both sweet and salty and perfect for the end of summer!
46 Comments Add yours
We are on the same wavelength this week with “burgers”. I like feta cheese as a topping! Never made my own bread for them – need to try Elaine’s recipe 🙂
Absolutely Judi, ‘burger week’ 😀 I suggest you to try Elaine’s recipe, this bread is perfect with just about everything! 🙂
BEautiful Linda, chicken burgers are always a healthier version. Love all the ingredients going on in your burger.
Thank you so much, Loretta. I hope you had a nice weekend! 🙂
Yummmmm! The chicken looks moist! Definitely a healthier choice! Sweet and salty! What’s not to love?
I’m glad you like this recipe. It was really yummy. Have a nice week! 🙂
Oh my you have just given me a craving for a burger! Will have to give your version a try. Thanks for sharing Linda 🙂
Thank you so much, Marisa. Do let me know how it turns out. Have a nice week! 🙂
Thank-you, same to you 🙂
My kind of burger!! 🙂
Me too, Linda! 😀
These look great, I haven’t tried the recipe for burger baps, but I will now 🙂 thank you for sharing my recipe x x x
Thank you for your recipe, Elaine and I truly appreciate what you do. The burgers were very nice. Have a wonderful week! 🙂 xx
That’s so lovely, thank you 🙂
Have a great week too xx
Incredible looking chicken burger Linda! Your toppings are wonderful and I love that you made your own buns. 🙂
Thank you so much for your nice comment, Seana. It was a very nice lunch. Have a nice week! 🙂
That is the MOST delicious chicken burger I’ve ever seen! 🙂 Nice!
Oh, thank you so much Josette! 🙂
Yum! Lovely looking little snack Linda! 🙂 Okay, quite big tasty snack.
Little snack for a Gargantua’s family! 😀 Have a nice week, Lili!
Exactly! 🙂 You too Linda!
Oh my goodness! You’ve baked the buns too! Can chicken burgers be any better than this? Yum!
I’m glad you like the burgers, Fae and thanks to Elaine for her yummy recipe. It was good and yummy. Have a nice week! 🙂
Oooh, I love a good home-made burger Linda! Yum!
It was really good, Margot. Have a nice week! 🙂
Amazing!! Not only does the burger sound delicious, but the homemade buns look perfect!! I’d love to give them a try 🙂
Thank you so much for your sweet comment, Justine. I’m glad I used Elaine’s recipe for the buns, it helps me a lot to make them. Do let me know how it turns out! 🙂
Thank you very much, Anna! 🙂
The buns look so professional, I can’t believe you made them! The chicken sandwiches must taste amazing on the homemade bread. Saving this to try someday when I am feeling brave!
Thank you so much, Shari. Yes, I did it 😀 Very easy and I’m sure you will love them. Do let me know how it turns out. Have a nice day! 🙂
That burger looks very tasty!
They are tasty. Thank you Sarah for co-hosting this week FF! 🙂
Burger looks perfect with some fry make a grt meal
Absolutely agree with you Vidya! 🙂 Burgers and fries.
Nothing like baking your own bread for the burgers. Looks gorgeous 👍
Thank you so much and thanks to Elaine for the recipe. Have a nice day! 🙂
Miss9 would love this! Homemade burgers are the best.
Thank you so much. Have a nice weekend! 🙂
I love burgers. These chicken ones of yours look fantastic. I wish I wasn’t on a diet. 😉
Thank you so so much , Patty. Are you kidding, you, on a diet…I removed this word of my vocabulary a long time ago! 😀
Have a nice day.
Well, I had to add it to mine because my work pants stopped fitting!! 😉
😀 😀 😀
Oh my! What a lovely lunch for the weekend! I love how simply spiced the patties are, but I can tell that they are just bursting with flavor!
Thank you so much for your nice comment. Easy to make and yummy! 🙂 Have a nice weekend! 🙂