Raspberry Tart, Tarte aux Framboises

IMG_3603 IMG_3605
IMG_3602It has been a very busy week this week, I missed Fiesta Friday and much more… and hoping this Raspberry Tart will make up for everything! Made with a fragrant crème patissière, a pâte sablée for the crust and raspberries for a seasonal finish! A sweet and delicious tart.

Many thanks to Angie from The Novice Gardener for hosting this super Fiesta Friday #66 and thanks to Anna @Anna International for co-hosting this week!

Serves 8/10

Ingredients: (for the crust/pâte sablée)

• 300g of wheat flour
  • 125g of soft butter
  • 100g of icing sugar
  • Zest of 1 lemon
  • A pinch of salt
  • 2 small eggs

Procedure:

1. Heat the oven to 180C degrees.
  2. In a bowl add the flour, the zest of 1 lemon, the salt, and the icing sugar, (you can do the same procedure with a food processor).
  3. With your fingertips, start to mix the dry ingredients.
  4. Add the butter and mix until combined.
  5. Add the 2 eggs and mix until the dough becomes assembled.
  6. Wrap the dough in a plastic wrap and keep it in the fridge for 30 minutes.
  7. After 30 minutes remove the dough from the fridge.
  8. Grease a deep pie pan, (my tart pan is 23 cm long and 4cm deep).
  9. Roll your dough between two big sheets of parchment paper or plastic wrap.
  10. With a rolling pin, flatten the dough and make a circle shape, the size of your tart pan.
  11. Peel off the parchment paper from one side or your plastic wrap, flip the dough over the tart plate and slowly remove the other parchment paper or your plastic wrap.
  12. With a fork, poke the bottom of your dough.
  13. Place a large parchment paper into the bottom of the crust.
  14. Fill the crust with dry chickpeas, to cover the entire surface (as seen in the picture).
  15. Bake until the crust becomes golden brown, remove from the oven and set aside.
  16. Remove the dry chickpeas and keep them in a jar for next time.

PicMonkey Collage

Ingredients: ( for the crème patissière)

• 250ml of milk
  • 250ml of liquid cream
  • Zest of 2 lemons
  • 3 eggs
  • 150g of caster sugar
  • 60g of cornstarch
  • 400g of raspberry

Procedure:

1. On a medium heat bring the milk, the liquid milk and the zest of 2 lemons to boil (you can use 500ml of full-fat milk instead of half milk and half liquid cream).
  2. Remove from the heat and set aside.
  3. In a large bowl add the sugar and the eggs, whisk until the mixture becomes yellow pale.
  4. Add the cornstarch and continue to whisk (the cornstarch brings a better texture to the cream).
  5. Slowly pour the milk into the large bowl and mix.
  6. Pour the mixture into a large pan and cook over a medium heat (whisk constantly until the cream becomes thick), remove from the heat and allow to cool.

Final Procedure:

1. Pour the crème patissière into the crust.
  2. Flatten all the surface with a spatula.
  3. Decorate with raspberries on top.
  4. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
  5. Serve with a hot or cold drink and dust with icing sugar for a nice contrast.

The raspberry tart is perfect for the season. The lemon zest adds a delicious perfume to the crème patissière and to the crust too.

Bon Appétit!

PS: Usually I add 1 egg to my pâte sablée, this time I added 2 eggs because they were very small. The crust was really nice. With the leftover of the crème patissière, I made a refreshing dessert (in a glass add first the crème patissière and the rest of the raspberry on the top, you can also add a few drops of lemon juice. Really tasty)!

1. Beautiful as usual Linda! This cake makes me feel summer closer!

1. Thank you so much Margherita 🙂 Have a great week!

1. Thanks a lot Mr Fitz 🙂

2. Neila says:

Cette tarte a l’air d’etre appetissante…elle l’est encore plus quand c’est partagee avec les gens qu’on aiment…toujours de tres belles photos et des recettes qui donnent envie de casser son regime 🙂 :)…je vois aussi une belle nouveaute dans ton blog…et ceci est synonyme d’un grand succes…je suis tres tres contente pour toi…Continue ma chere Linda…

1. Merci beaucoup Neila pour ta gentillesse et tes encouragements. Une gourmandise de temps en temps ne fait pas de mal 😀 Passe une belle journée!

1. Thank you so much Lynda! 🙂

3. tentimestea says:

Simple and so so beautiful! Just looking at it makes me feel as though I’m in the middle of a cool summer afternoon. I think I will try the proportions of your creme pat; the last couple times I’ve made it, I think I used too much flour and it tasted rather flour-y, so I’d like a try a cornstarch based one 🙂

1. Thank you very much for your kind words 🙂 Cornstarch brings a lighter texture to the crème patissière. Do let me know how it turns out. Have a great week!

4. I love crème patissière – like REALLY LOVE the stuff. Over here in Belgium I used to judge bakeries based on it, whenever a new place would open, the first I would buy was an eclair (choux pastry filled with crème patissière) and if I didn’t like the taste of the crème I would never go back. Lovely recipe and beautiful pictures!, Thanks for sharing!

1. Thank you so much Carlos 🙂 I’m addicted to crème patissière too 😀 Have a nice week!

5. Another beautiful creation 🙂

1. Thank you so much Elaine 😉 xx

1. Thank you very much Josette! 🙂

6. J Seaton says:

I love the idea of using chickpeas as pie weights – I’ll definitely be using that technique, and I’m sure I’ll be trying this recipe once raspberries are in season in B.C..

1. Do let me know how it turns out – I am sure with fresh BC raspberries it will be delicious! Personally, I use chickpeas as it is less expensive, and simple to make. Have a nice week!

7. Great pictures and lovely recipe!

1. Merci beaucoup 🙂 Passe une belle semaine 🙂

8. Stunning dessert! 👏👏👏

1. Thank you so much Olga 🙂 🙂

9. What a lovely tart Linda and such perfect raspberries 🙂

1. Thank you very much Judi 🙂 The tart was really yummy!

10. ladyredspecs says:

Such a delicious and classic tart, my mouth is watering!

1. Thank you so much Sandra! Maybe next time we can share some together! 🙂

11. Linda, I can never choose whether my favourite is a Raspberry Tart or Lemon Tart, but here you’ve created the perfect mélange of the two by adding lemon zest to the pastry and the crème patissière, then topping with the raspberries! I know for sure how wonderful this must be! 🙂

1. Thank you so much for your kind comments, Margot! I always opt for lemon zest whenever I can add it – love the fragrance and tangy taste. Have a wonderful week! 🙂 xx

12. This is just gorgeous! I love the little cup, too! 🙂

1. Thank you so much 🙂 Have a nice week!

1. Thank you so much Hilda! 🙂

13. andy says:

Linda you are so talented !! Rub off some of it to me :/

1. Thank you very much Andy and I love your new profile picture! 🙂

1. andy says:

14. Love it 🙂 Looks like the mini tarts from Paul Cafe!

1. Oh Jasmine! This comment made my day! Thank you! 🙂

15. chef mimi says:

This is too pretty to eat!

1. But it’s too tasty to resist… 😉
      Thank you, Mimi!

16. This tart is gorgeous! I always end up making pie or cake. I need to make me a tart!

1. Hi Julie! Not to worry, it’s very simple to make – and I am sure you will do a wonderful job (as always). 🙂

17. Feast Wisely says:

Lovely tart Linda – if only fresh raspberries were a little more affordable but I guess you could substitute for strawberries?

1. Thank you for the compliment! And yes, you can use any fruit in season. Strawberries are the perfect substitute – and you could even try experimenting with a kiwi or pineapple for a more exotic taste!

18. Absolutely gorgeous tart, Linda. Perfect pâte sablée and crème patissière make gorgeous base for any available berries of season.

1. Thank you so much, Fae! 🙂 The whole family enjoyed it so much that I might have to make another soon. Have a wonderful week!

19. Linda this is absolutely beautiful! So simple, so stunning, and no doubt, so delicious! I was actually planning on making something similar with rhubarb (living in Yorkshire now which is famous for it, and we have lots growing in the garden) for this week’s Fiesta, but now I think I’ll have to change it up somehow, because I simply cannot improve on perfection, and this is it!
    Thank you so much for sharing on Fiesta Friday – I’m pinning this for next time I have a dinner party and want to wow my guests! 🙂

1. Thank you so much Anna for your wonderful comment 🙂 Thank you for pinning too, I really appreciate. I’m looking forward to your rhubarb tart. Thank you for co-hosting Fiesta Friday. Have a superb weekend!

20. skd says:

Oooh la la! This is something exotic. 😋👍☺

1. Yes SKD 🙂 Exotic and sweet 😀

21. Oh wow!! This looks amazing and just screams spring/summer. So beautiful!

1. Thank you so much Justine! 🙂

22. Lina says:

That looks gorgeous!:)

1. Thank you very much Lina! 🙂

23. Linda says:

Looks absolutely amazing! Can’t wait to try this recipe!

1. Thank you so much Linda and do let me know how it turns out! 🙂

24. safia-safou says:

magnifique Linda raki chahitini bezaf mmmmmmmm

1. Issalmek Lala Safia 🙂 Inshallah anzourkoum ou na3amlouha swaswa! 🙂

25. I’d forgive almost anything for this tart. the creme alone would make me swoon. You seriously are a talent. Gorgeous.

1. Thank you Amanda; I wish I could send you a slice! The cream was very good. 🙂

26. J’aime, j’adore, je desire une piece. Linda, how very simple and truly wonderful. Nicole

1. The tart is very simple to make, and well worth the result. Viens quand tu veux, Nicole 🙂

27. Angie says:

GORGEOUS!!! You more than made up with this tart, Linda! We did miss you! I can’t wait for my backyard raspberries this year. They were growing in the shade so they never gave much fruit, but we took out a few trees this year so now they’re getting more sun. I’m excited to give this a try as soon as I get my hands on them. 🙂

1. Thank you so much – you are always too kind, Angie! I hope this year you are awarded a fruitful basket of raspberries from Mother Nature. Imagine how good the tart will taste with fresh raspberries… have a wonderful weekend! xoxo

28. I’m showing up late Linda but I’m so glad I didn’t miss this one! Angie said it…GORGEOUS!!! I love how you use chickpeas for weights…brilliant. What a lovely tart. Enjoy your weekend. 🙂

1. Thank you so much Seana for your lovely comments 🙂 You can also cover the crust with dry beans (grandma tips) 😀 Have a superb weekend!

29. Richa says:

This tart is just plain gorgeous! I’ve tried working with a sablee crust before but I find it really difficult. I’m going to try your parchment paper trick! And Congratulations on getting featured on Fiesta Friday 🙂

1. Thank you so much Richa 🙂 This sablee is vey simple to prepare and do let me know how it turns out! Enjoy your weekend.

30. sarahgiebens says:

OMG this looks so good! 😮
    Such a gorgeous and delicious tart!

1. Thank you so much Sarah 🙂

31. Sandhya says:

Wow! This is a feast for the eyes and the mouth! Absolutely stunning! I wish I could reach and take a slice:)

1. Thank you so much Sandhya; I wish I could send you a slice! 🙂 Have a nice weekend!

32. weebirdie says:

Linda, I love the tart! Raspberry tart like this one is one of my favorite. Do you always use whole eggs to make creme pat? I usually only use yolks, and I get lots of egg white left over then I make creme pat. I’ll certainly try your way next time. Thanks for the recipe. 🙂

1. Thank you so much weebirdie! The tart was very nice. The difference between using whole eggs and yolks, is the color of the creme; pale color with whole eggs and more yellow with yolks. Do let me know how it turns out! 🙂

1. weebirdie says:

Thanks, Linda, will do. 🙂

33. Ginger says:

Such a beautiful tarte – I absolutely love raspberries and can’t wait for them to become affordable again! Our raspberry bush has exploded and is coming up all over the lawn, so it’ll be a tough call as to how to trim it into shape …

1. Thank you so much Ginger. I hope you will have a chance to try this recipe! 🙂

1. Thank you so much! 🙂

34. lucyabakes says:

This looks so delicious! Raspberry tarts always remind me of holidays in France!

1. Thank you so much 🙂 It’s funny I just came back from my holidays in France 😀