I have entered this post in a Soup event called Soups with SS hosted by the lovely Sonal from SimplyVegeterian777 and Shruti from Cooking with SJ. You should check out both of these ladies blogs, and also the event and participate (also open to non-bloggers!!).
Here are the basic rules of the event, please visit Shruti and/or Sonal’s sites for the full set of rules :
- It’s a vegetarian event… Strictly no Non-Veg! Eggs are allowed.
- Event runs from 5th June to 5th July (US time) and it’s open for bloggers as well as non-bloggers.
- Any number of fresh/archived entries is allowed.
- First, link to Shruti’s and Sonal’s announcement in your post and then use given linky tool to send your entry.
- One must like Cooking with SJ and SimplyVegetarian777 for a valid entry.
This classic vegetable soup is simple, however the Roquefort (sheep milk blue cheese from South of France) gives it so much more flavor!
- 3 medium potatoes
- 3 carrots
- 3 zucchinis
- 2 stalks of celery
- 1 leek
- 1 onion
- 2 bay leaves
- A pinch of salt
- A pinch of black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of herbes de Provence
- 1 liter and half of water
- 100g of Roquefort (Stilton or Gorgonzola)
- Peel the potatoes, the onion and the carrots.
- Wash and rinse the potatoes, the onion, the carrots and the zucchinis.
- Wash in water with a few drops of white vinegar the leek and the celery (to remove all the dirt), rinse properly.
- Cut the potatoes, the carrots and the zucchinis into small cubes.
- Slice the onion, the leek and the celery.
- In a large cooking pan add all the vegetables and the 2 bay leaves.
- Add the salt…
View original post 144 more words
15 Comments Add yours
how warm & comforting, Linda – I like the idea of adding cheese (I´m a huge cheese fan)!
Thank you Sabine 🙂 Roquefort is a strong cheese with so much flavors, I couldn’t resist!
This soup looks super comforting and delicious! Love the addition of flavourful roquefort!
Thank you, Jessica 🙂 Simple soup but very comforting !
Love blue cheese in most things – have never thought of putting in veg soup though. Hmmmmm (looks at vegetable drawer)….
Thank you, Sally 🙂 I love cheese in general, this little extra of Roquefort make a nice, tasty difference!
Never tried blue chesse in soup !!! Grt innovation Linda.. Looks delicious
Thanks Vidya 🙂 It’s a very nice flavor, do let me know if you try cheese in soup!
Lovely soup and the blue cheese is a great addition. Sounds like fun, the soup event!
Thank you, Suzanne 🙂 I love cheese and blue cheese melted perfectly with this simple vegetable soup! The soup event is fun and a nice idea too, everybody can participate!
Blue cheese in soup sounds divine Linda!
Thank you Margherita 🙂 I love the strong flavor of Roquefort 🙂
Nice for ramadan to change from Traditionnal Chorba !
Yes, great idea Junior. Do let me know how its turns out 🙂