Briochettes

IMG_9493

IMG_9497

IMG_9507Briochettes are sweet small Brioches with (butter, eggs, and milk), perfect for a breakfast or for tea time.

Serves 8/10

Ingredients:

• 500g of all purpose flour
  • A pinch of salt
  • 100g of sugar
  • 11g of dry instant yeast (20g of fresh yeast)
  • 1 egg
  • 250g of lukewarm milk
  • 100g of soft butter
  • 1 teaspoon of vanilla sugar
  • 1 egg yolk for the brush
  • Sesame seeds for decoration

Procedure:

1. In a stand mixer add the flour, the sugar, and the yeast.
  2. Start to mix (with a dough hook at a low speed).
  3. Add the egg and the sugar.
  4. Pour the milk and finally the soft butter.
  5. Mix on high speed until the dough becomes elastic.
  6. Cover the bowl with a kitchen cloth and let the dough rise for 1 hour.
  7. Dust a clean surface and transfer the dough, punch it down gently to release the air.
  8. Form dough balls of 100g each (you should obtain 8 dough balls).
  9. Flour small briochettes pan (you can use a muffin or cupcake pan).
  10. Add each ball inside each pan.
  11. Brush each briochettes with the egg yolk and sprinkle with sesame seeds the top.
  12. Cover with clean kitchen towel and let rise in a warm place for 1 hour.
  13. Preheat the oven to 200C degrees.
  14. Bake for 30/35 minutes until the briochettes turn golden/brown.
  15. Allow cooling for 30 minutes.

The briochettes are soft and sweet. Excellent with a tea, I opted here for a black cherries jam.

This recipe was given by my friend (Safia) who lives in Algiers. She is a wonderful cooker and it’s my pleasure to share with you this great recipe 🙂

Bon Appétit!

1. Ahhhh yummy!! Brioche is one of my favorite types of bread! These look amazing I wish I could try one!

1. Thank you so much, If I could I would send more than one Briochette 🙂

2. Thank you for sharing with us. Certainly is a wonderful recipe. And strikingly gorgeous photographs.

1. Thank you so much and it’s my pleasure to share 🙂 It’s a simple recipe and sometimes I add orange zest for a little flavor!

3. I’m in love with this post. Your photos are impeccable, and the recipe? So lovely…I must give them a try! They’re so elegant..

1. Thank you, Prudy 🙂 I’m pretty sure you will love the briochettes!

1. I’m pretty sure I will too! I have the ingredients on my grocery list for tomorrow, and think I’m going to make them for Sunday. So excited!!

2. Oh how great! Let me know how they go 🙂

4. Patty Nguyen says:

Brioche is soo good! I love your mini versions, Linda! I’d like to slather some butter on mine! 😀

1. Don’t be jealous, Patty 🙂 I finished my breakfast and I ate 2 briochettes with butter and jam 😀 So good!

1. Patty Nguyen says:

Ahhhh lucky you, Linda!!!

5. Oh Linda! your small brioche are really really cute and I’m sure they were amazing… a great way to start your day! Did you use a regular muffin pan? or you have a specific pan for those amazing small breads?

1. Thank you Margherita 🙂 They were perfect this morning with my breakfast, still moist. For this recipe I used individual mini loaf pan 🙂 You can use any mini pan (kouglof, charlotte…) Bonne nuit!

1. Thank you so much, Elaine 🙂

6. Yum! Those look so cute and scrumptious. 🙂

1. Thank you Nell 🙂 Unfortunately the basket is empty!

7. Linda… I’m eagarly awaiting a batch 😉 delicious xx

1. You made me laugh 😀 Next time, I promise you, you will be the first served Dimple xx

8. Jess says:

These look divine- brioche is one of my favourites! Especially when slathered in butter and jam!

1. They are my favorite too, Jess 🙂 They were good even without butter or jam!

9. The briochettes look so good and the recipe seems so simple. I think I’ll give this recipe a try for my Easter brunch. Thanks!

1. Thank you 🙂 Great idea for Easter Brunch, please give me your feedback if you try it!

10. Ahila says:

This looks really good. I have bookmarked it for trying out sometime.

1. Oh, how nice! Hope you will like them 🙂 x

11. Asmaa says:

As-Salaamu Alaykum,
    I’m a new reader to your blog,
    Thank you for sharing this recipe, they look so good and I like how you bake them in muffin/cupcake pan I must try that method, inshaAllah
    Barak Allahu Fiki

1. Wa Alaykum Asalam, Asma 🙂 Shukran for your kind words. The recipe is easy to make and the little Briochettes are tasty (you can add more or less sugar into the dough if you want). Do let me know if you try them. Have a great weekend!

12. safia-safou says:

merci beaucoup Linda ,elles ont l’aire bonnes et les photos magnifiques .très belles!!!!!!!!!!!! 🙂

1. Merci a toi Safou de m’avoir donner ta recette, tu es la Reine des brioches. Gros bisous 🙂

13. mima says:

Il doit y avoir bien 20 ans que je n’ai fait de brioche,la mona et kaak oui; j’en faisais de grosses dans des moules à kouglof .et pourtant je devrais en préparer plus souvent car ce n’est pas trop sucré et la quantité de beurre est moindre .
    Les tiennes sont superbes,bien rondouillettes !!! Ya3tik essaha et à Safia aussi car j’ai cru comprendre qu’elle en est l’auteur . Donc boussa à toutes les deux !!

1. Mima, je suis vraiment une accro de la 3djina 🙂 Je suis d’accord avec toi pour la quantite de sucre, je prefere en mettre le moins possible ca te donne le choix de rajouter de la confiture par dessus…Merci a Safia, c’est vraiment une experte pour tout ce qui est petrissage. Boussette kabirettes 🙂

14. safia-safou says:

merci Linda de ce compliment !! 😉

1. De rien Safounette, tu le merites ma chere amie 🙂

15. Linda Junior says:

Thanx for both of you two Tata Linda and Safia safou!

1. De rien 😉 Je n’oublie pas que tu es une excellente cuisiniere et je sais de qui tu as herite ce don !