- 500g of Brocciu (I used for this recipe Ricotta cheese, Brocciu is a typical cheese from Corsica)
- 150g of white granulated sugar
- 4 medium eggs
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla sugar
- In a bowl mix the eggs with the white granulated sugar and the vanilla sugar until the mixture becomes creamy.
- Add the Ricotta cheese and the zest of one lemon and mix again until the cheese is well mixed.
- Pour the 1/2 of lemon juice and mix slowly.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- Grease a deep stoneware pan.
- Pour the mixture into the stoneware pan and bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until the crust becomes yellow golden (see picture above).
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 15 minutes.
The lemon zest gives it a delicious flavor, the texture is different from the North American cheesecake. You can also eat the Fiadone cold, personally, I prefer the Fiadone when it’s cold especially since I’m living in a hot country.
You can add 2 or 3 lemon confit on the top of the Fiadone.