- 15 fresh dates (Deglet Noor for me)
- 100g of almond powder
- 100g of icing sugar
- 2 tablespoon of orange water blossom
- Food coloring
- 1 drop of pure almond extract
- White granulated sugar for decoration.
- Make a vertical cut in the middle of the date and remove the pit, proceed the same way for all the dates and set aside.
- In a bowl mix the almond powder and the icing sugar.
- Pour a drop of pure almond extract.
- Pour a drop of food coloring (green for me).
- Pour 2 tablespoons of orange water blossom and mix again with your fingers until you obtain a compact dough.
- Put the dough into a plastic bag and store in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Remove the dough from the fridge.
- Pinch a little of the almond paste, make a little roll cylinder the size of the date and fill the inside of the date.
- Sprinkle with the white granulated sugar.
This almond paste can be stored for 1 month in the fridge.
It’s soft and sweet, a perfect delicatessen for winter festive and the flavor of Deglet Noor date is unique. A family recipe from 4 generations.